Changes at the Clinic due to COVID-19
Pre-screening, physical distancing, hand hygiene and enhanced cleaning have been shown to help reduce the risk of transmission. The following outlines what our clinic is doing to ensure your safety as we return to practice.
WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO:
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL:
- Complete a thorough and honest pre-screening before your appointment. To complete your self-assessment, please follow this link: BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment.
- Complete the clinic’s Covid-19 consent form 1 or 2 days prior.
- Confirm with your therapist that you have not travelled outside British Columbia in the last 14 days.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, diarrhea or loss of sense of smell.
- Let your therapist know if you have a specific piece of personal protective equipment (gloves, mask) you would like them to wear.
AT THE CLINIC:
- We are trying to maintain physical distancing as best as possible within our practice setting.
- One therapist and one client will be in the building at one time.
- Please arrive unaccompanied.
- Do not arrive too early. Wait in your car until your scheduled arrival time.
- A sanitation station has been set up for your use in the outdoor area. Clean your hands here upon arrival at the clinic and then continue to place bags, hats, keys in the plastic box provided. This box can be brought inside.
- Apply own mask prior to entry. Shoes can be taken off outside the door where there will be a space to do so.
- Avoid touching any door knobs, the RMT will assist with these adjustments.
- Continue on to the treatment room sink where hot water and disinfecting soap is provided. Paper towel to dry.
- Multiple small garbage cans will be available for any tissues used.
- Disinfecting wipes, paper towels and tissues will be provided for you to use as a barrier to high-touch surfaces, if desired.
- Please use personal item carrying box until you are back outside where it can be left for sanitization.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
We are doing our best to ensure our return to practice mitigates the risks as much as possible, however, until there is either an effective treatment or vaccine against COVID-19, the risks of transmission cannot be reduced to zero.
- Our RMTs will use the BC COVID-19 self-assessment tooldaily, and cancel appointments and stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- We have staggered appointment times and have increased the time between patients to allow for enhanced cleaning and avoid congestion in the waiting area.
- Our cancellation policy is not currently in effect although a no show is taken into account.
- As is our usual practice, your RMT will wash their hands thoroughly before and after each treatment.
- The treatment table and adjustment levers are sanitized immediately after each treatment. This includes the face cradle, arm rests, your therapist’s stool, and lotion bottle(s).
- All high-touch surfaces will be disinfected frequently. This includes:
- light switches, phones, tablets, chairs, stools, desktop surfaces, keyboards
- handles: doors, cabinets, faucets
- Personal items container
- Linens are always single-use only and are laundered in hot soapy water.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE):
- Your individual personal boundaries will be respected and your RMT will support your request for PPE to be worn.
- RMTs will wear a mask at all times. Face shields are available for work on such areas as TMJ and Craniosacral
- We have latex gloves available for your RMT to use, if requested.
- It would be very much appreciated for the health of everyone if clients brought their own clean multilayered mask to wear before during and after treatment.
- Please come freshly showered in clean clothes. Please do not come straight from work or the grocery store or like places. Many of the clients visiting this clinic are immunocompromised.